Wednesday, November 09, 2005


Morton National Park , New South Wales


To the immediate left and below is an image of Granite falls.













The images above show
the top of the falls. A larger image below, constructed using canon photostitch shows a full sweep of the entire falls some 150 metres deep. Set against the valley, the damp colouration on the sandstone creates unique and compelling visual effect. Three images were joined to depict the entire waterfall. The photographs below show the mist covered bushland on route to the Summit at the Grange. Click each image to see an enlargement .


Wow! What an awesome place!
Last week I did my second trip intending to do Pidgeon House Mountain.
Unfortunately it was raining and the road to the starting point can only be negotiated by 4 wheel drive in the wet. Bummer! I'd driven for almost two hours. Anyway I decided to try some alternatives. I did a quick and easy walk to Granite Falls.

This is a special place. Spectacular, but strangely eirie. Despite the rain, the falls could not be described as much more than a trickle. But what a majestic view. The curvature of the sanstone and the colour give the falls a really unique quality. I'm not sure why they are called Granite Falls, when the cascade topples over sandstone.
The nearby summit is by all accounts spectacular. The walk to the top was strenuous, but I think you appreciate a good view after you've worked hard to see it.
In the end, my effort was futile as the mist was so thick that I couldn't see more than twenty feet from the summit. Still I got some nice pictures of mist covered bushland. I guess I'll do the Pigdeon House some other time. Enjoy the photos.





1 comment:

Walkin_all_over said...

Guys,guys,...Please!It's not about moneu.